Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Two in Venice and a phone call home

July 31, 2010

Day 2 in Venice and a phone call home.

Well, the Villa Stucky redeemed itself. Breakfast was excellent. The room itself was enough, never mind the food. The breakfast room is large with several small round tables, all with pink floor length tablecloths, delicate Murano glass chandeliers and red draperies. We were bad and had dessert for breakfast as these Italians seem to do: apple torte, a Nutella croissant, fruit salad, yogurt, and a mocacchino.

We're old pro's at the train system now :) We arrived in Venice early and decided to just wander our way down the canal instead of taking the vaporetto today. I found the leather purse I had coveted yesterday in a little shop today and it was 3 euros cheaper, so I celebrated by buying a gorgeous scarf too. We spent the morning just poking around, weaving in and out of those narrow little alleys, up and over canals. We had a lousy lunch that I believe Venice is famous for, and wandered some more.

We headed back to the hotel later in the afternoon to see if we could get any internet access, but had no luck. I'm doubtful that we will have wi-fi at our apartment in Croatia so I called and booked two places, one in the Dolomites and one in Rothenburg for the first week in August. I then realized that I really needed internet access and I really needed my first class personal travel agent, so I phoned Andrea for help. It was so good to hear Trevor's voice, to hear Lexi say "hi Grandma" and to talk to Andrea for awhile. Sure miss everyone at home . . .

Had a great dinner in a trattoria just down the street. Cheaper than our lousy lunch.
We're ready to move on from Italy now and are excited about being in Croatia tomorrow. Another new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a note. We would love to hear from you.